Now that the Turkey coma has worn off, I’m sure your kids are running around like crazy! I know mine are and we still have 4 days left to keep them busy! Not to mention, winter break is right around the corner! ACK!!!! That is why I am so happy that I teamed up with a great app for kids! It is called Wonster Words and it can definitely help you keep those kids entertained, educated and possibly, out of your hair for a few minutes!
Wonster Words is an ABC and Phonics app for kids, that was inspired by Sesame Street.
It introduces basic word families and the 44 most common phonemes. In Wonster Words, kids play with animated letters to put together the words. These animated letters will sound out the phonics, gliding vowels, and consonant blends as they are being played. Once the words are complete, short animations and mini-games tell the story of the words via a group of adorable Wonster characters!
Here are some of the key features:
- Learn the ABC’s and letter sounds
- Fall in love with the adorable Wonster crew as they explore word families, phonemes, digraphs and more
- Silly animations reinforce word definitions in a fun and engaging way
- Over 150 words, 12 word families and 9 original stories
- Encourages exploration and engagement without scoring, quizzing, limits, or stress
- Stories cover popular children’s themes including: birthdays, friendships, outdoors, space, and more
Added for 2017 Holidays
- BRAND NEW short stories
- 5 new story packs boasting over 40 new words and original animations
- 5 new letter-based minigames
The Wonster Words app for kids is well-liked by parents and children alike, and has won numerous awards including Parent’s Choice, Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice, National Parenting Product Award and more!
You can find the Wonster Words app for kids on:
It is always free to download and they offer a free downloadable word pack per day.
However, at just $14.99 for complete unlimited access, it is definitely a worthwhile purchase.
My daughter is 6 and absolutely loves her Wonster Words!