Anyone who reads this blog or has liked my page on Facebook knows that there are two food loves in my life.
Tacos and pizza.
I just can’t help myself. They are so delicious and now, I have a way to indulge in both, at the same time and eat “healthy-ish”.
I have married my two loves and now, I present you with Taco Pizza!
- 2 medium pizza crusts. (I used the 12″ thin crusts from Target)
- 1 lb of ground beef/turkey or chicken. (You can also leave the meat out all together)
- 1 package of taco seasoning or a homemade blend.
- 1 can of refried beans.
- 1/4 cup of taco sauce + 2 tbs of taco sauce for the top.
- 1 cup of shredded cheese. (I used finely shredded cheddar jack)
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce.
- 2 roma tomatoes. (diced)
- 3 – 4 tbs of sour cream.
- a few diced green onions and/or whatever else you would like on your “tacos”. Peppers are a nice addition.
This recipe will make 2 pizzas, so if you only need one, half the recipe or make the whole “sauce recipe” and refrigerate half for later.
To make the “sauce”:
Brown the ground meat until fully cooked. Once fully browned, add in the taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water, simmer it for a couple of minutes. Next, add the can of refried beans and the 1/4 cup of taco sauce. Mix together until full combined and simmer for a couple of minutes.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Spoon half of the “sauce” on to one pizza crust and smooth out. Do the same with the other half on the other crust. Sprinkle 1/2 a cup of shredded cheese onto each pizza. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 – 18 minutes.
When the pizzas come out, top them with lettuce, tomato, green onions and dollops of sour cream. Finish off the taco pizzas with a drizzle of taco sauce on top!
Cut and serve!