The first time I made this recipe was a little over 4 years ago! I created it for a fun series, that I was part of, where you had to think outside of the box and really challenge yourself to use a certain item in a new, fun way!
I have to admit, I tweaked the recipe a tiny bit, but I also took new pictures and wanted to re-share this awesomely easy fruit cone recipe with you!
Summer-time, BBQs, July 4th!
Get your kids in the kitchen with you! Food prep can be really fun and it also encourages the implementation of necessary life skills!
Here is what you need:
- Ice Cream Cones
- Red, white and blue fruit! (We used strawberries, bananas and blueberries.)
- White buttercream frosting (You could also use white chocolate or whipped cream.)
- Fun, Patriotic Sprinkles!
Party Pro Tip: Ask the bakery in your local grocery store to sell you sprinkles and buttercream. You’ll get more for your money and the buttercream is way better than the canned stuff!
Here is how you make these fruit cones:
- Pre-cut your fruit mix.
- Dip the rim of your ice cream cone into the butter cream and then, into the sprinkles.
- Fill the cones with your delicious fresh fruit mix!
- Serve them to your kids, your family and all of their friends! I promise, they will be a huge hit!
Want to change it up a little?
Try adding some vanilla yogurt to your fruit mix!
Too many sprinkles or too much buttercream left over? You could always make some patriotic cookies or cupcakes, but if you are loving the fresh fruit idea, go ahead and dip some delicious fruit all up in those leftovers!
However you choose to make them, I am sure your guests will LOVE them! These fruit cones are the perfect treat for any BBQ, family get-together or backyard birthday party!