[dropshadowbox align=”none” effect=”lifted-both” width=”auto” height=”” background_color=”#ffffff” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]This post is written in partnership with Spirit Airlines. However, my opinions, as always, remain 100% my own![/dropshadowbox] Have you been bitten by the travel bug? Do you have an incurable case of wanderlust? Do you want to travel the world, but your bank account is like, “Nah, we can’t do that!”. If this describes you, then you are in the same rusty old boat as me!
Within the past year or two, I have really wanted to travel. I want to escape. I want to hang out on the beach, eat in new restaurants and see new things, but doing all that can be expensive! Especially when you have a family! That is why I save on my family travel with Spirit Airlines and you should too!
Budget isn’t bad! Everyone hears the words “Budget travel, Budget airline or Budget hotel” and they automatically picture something outdated and dumpy! Am I right? You know I am! That’s not how it is with Spirit Airlines. Spirit has the youngest fleet of planes out there. They are sleek, clean, well maintained and ready to take you to your destination.
Yes, Spirit Airlines does a few things differently from other airlines, but that is how they save YOU money!
- 3 seats to a row: Yes, it can seem a little tight. However, I am a big woman and I can sit with two other people, including large people, just fine.
- No free snacks: Ok, so you don’t get a little bag of peanuts or pretzels, but they do offer an array snacks and beverages for purchase and the flight attendants are amazing when they come around.
- Charging for bags: “I have to PAY for my bag?!” Yes, this is another way that Spirit cuts costs. Other airlines include a baggage fee in their ticket price. Spirit doesn’t, so you can decide how much to bring and how much it will cost! They do allow one personal item which can be a purse, suitcase or backpack, as long as it fits under the seat in front of you. I save EVEN MORE money by using my One Bag Travel Checklist!
- No WiFi: This WAS true. However, they just announced that they are adding WiFi! YAY! Spirit Airlines announced last week that it will install WiFi throughout its fleet by summer 2019.
- $9 Fare Club: If you travel A LOT! Take a look at the $9 Far Club! You get cheaper tickets, cheaper bags and it’s only $59.95 a year!
Saving money with Spirit Airlines has allowed me to take a kid-free vacation to California, celebrate a belated honeymoon in Vegas, take my kids to the ocean in Florida and let my daughter and nephew experience the magic of Disneyland.
There is no way we could have afforded all of this family travel with out saving money on our tickets with Spirit Airlines! You should head to their website and check out their destinations! They are constantly adding more and I can’t WAIT to see where I go next!
Budget isn’t bad, y’all and I will continue to save money on my family travel with Spirit Airlines and yes, you should too! The flight attendants are amazing and the pilots have been getting all of the flights in on time or a bit early! You can’t beat that!