It’s the holiday season.
That magical time of year.
Cookies are baking, decorations are up and the random thoughts are flowing.
It’s time for Random Thoughts from the Mad Mommy: The Holiday Edition!
1. My son keeps asking for his own computer. He knows Santa only fills his stocking. He keeps saying, “Santa needs to think outside the stocking!”. He get an A for creativity, but he’s still not getting a computer.
2. My daughter wants this baby that poops magic charms. You then put said charms on a bracelet and wear them. How did this toy make it on the shelves? Did they skip the mom focus group?
3. Tonight, my son asked my daughter, “If there were 22 days last night, how many are there tonight?”. My 3 year old replied, “Too many!”. She’s brilliant, I tell you, brilliant.
4. My brother is arguing about us wanting to change things up and only buy for the kids this year. There are 12 kids to buy for. Yes, I said 12 and 6 of those kids are his. Ain’t nobody got money for no more presents!
5. Viva La #ElfFreeHome Revolution! There still ain’t no elf on my shelf!
6. I have hosted Christmas every year for the past 5 years. I have never received a hostess gift. (Starbucks and Taco Bell gift cards are welcomed. I’m just sayin’)
7. I still have not heard a Christmas song this year. I just realized this.
8. I seriously think it is adorable that my son is missing his two front teeth before Christmas. I do not think watching him eat with said missing teeth is adorable.
9. Christmas Day is the only day of the year where I wake up at the butt-crack of dawn and seriously think about waking up my kids. I may be more excited on Christmas morning than they are.
10. I think I finally understand why there was always Bailey’s and Peppermint Schnapps in the cupboard on Christmas. Mommy needs her “special” coffee.
Wishing you and yours Happy Holidays!