[dropshadowbox align=”none” effect=”lifted-both” width=”auto” height=”” background_color=”#ffffff” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser The National Milk Life Campaign. All opinions are mine alone. #MilkTheRealStory #CollectiveBias[/dropshadowbox]
You know a joke is funny when milk comes out of your nose!
I grew up spending weekends and summers on a dairy farm, so milk has always been a part of my life. However, even growing up in the cities, milk was an important part of my childhood.
It was a staple for breakfast, it was always on our school lunch tray and, I swear, my mother could not cool a meal without real butter and nutritious milk!
We didn’t have a lot of money growing up and my mom knew that milk was an affordable way to provide us with the vitamins, protein and balanced nutrients that our young bodies needed.
I grew up on milk and now, my kids are growing up on milk too!
Whenever we shop, we buy at least two gallons and it is always there, waiting for us, in the dairy aisle!I make a lot of my recipes with milk and always make sure that there is milk available for my kids’ lunches.
The school is wonderful at providing them with an 8oz serving a day! Milk is a simple way to get natural, high-quality protein plus other nutrients kids need to help power through the day’s activities with a taste they love.
Here are 5 ways you can make sure that your kids are getting at least one 8oz serving of milk a day!
- I make sure that I pack an 8oz serving of milk in their lunches on the days that they take home lunch. Sometimes, I’ll even write down cute jokes or slip one of these printable milk jokes for kids into their boxes!
- Offer them a serving of milk in a fun container, like this mason jar!
- Adding a straw always makes milk more fun to drink! You could also add some chocolate or strawberry syrup, or even blend the milk together with a fresh banana!
- Make a milkshake! Choose your favorite ice cream, candies or fruits and blend them together to make AH_MAZING milkshake creations!
- Cereal! My kids love cereal! Especially cereal that flavors their milk! Like these chocolate puffs! We also have these fun straw bowls that the kids can sip their flavored milk with!
Did you know that milk has 9 essential nutrients (like potassium, vitamin D, calcium and high-quality protein) that can help your kids grow strong. In fact, diary milk is the top food source for three of the four nutrients most likely missing from American’s – including kids’ – diets, calcium, vitamin D and potassium.
Have fun with milk and know that with every 8oz serving, you and your kids are getting 8 grams of protein and other nutrients vital to health and growth!Learn more at MilkLife.com!