Orthodontic treatments offer a way to straighten teeth, which has many benefits for a person, and over the years, orthodontic devices have changed, with modern aligners, for example, that are invisible. Modern dentists all offer orthodontic treatment, and contrary to popular belief, this treatment is not reserved for children, as many adults are enjoying a straighter smile, thanks to teeth straightening devices. If you are about to undergo teeth straightening treatment, here are some important points to bear in mind.
- Do Minimize your Sugar Intake – This is important as it will reduce the risk of tooth decay, and if you must drink some soda, make sure you thoroughly rinse out your mouth with water. If you would like to explore the possibility of having this treatment, there are affordable Gold Coast orthodontics available, and with an expert handling things, your treatment will be successful.
- Don’t Eat Hard Foods – This includes certain nuts and anything that has a tough exterior, and when you feel some serious tension when biting down on something, it is best to resist the temptation to continue, as regular occurrence will result in a weakening of the roots. The gradual straightening process does slightly unsettle the roots, and any excessive pressure is not good for teeth that are undergoing the straightening process.
- Do Chew Carefully – Chewing is second nature and we often forget we are wearing a straightening device, and in such a case, extra care should be taken, and by slowing the eating process down, one can take more care when chewing. If you are eating meat on the bone, use your fingers – or utensils to remove the meat, rather than using your teeth.
- Don’t Forget Oral Hygiene – While it is always important to maintain a high level of oral hygiene, it is even more so when you are wearing braces. If the device is removable, then it is easier to keep clean, and with brushing and flossing after every meal, your teeth will remain clean and healthy. There is an informative piece of reading that offers some good tips on keeping your teeth and gums clean.
- Do Follow your Dentist’s Instructions – Both pre and post orthodontic care are essential, and your orthodontist would educate you regarding the best practices when cleaning your teeth, and with many easy to understand brochures that are free for the patient.
Modern orthodontic devices are invisible to the naked eye, and with an expert dentist, your smile will soon be improved, which will give your self-confidence a much-needed boost. If you would like to source a good orthodontic clinic in your area, an online search is all it takes. Once you have made contact with the right clinic, you can have an initial appointment to see how orthodontic treatment can help you, and once the device is in place, your smile will soon be much improved.