Parenting is hard right now. It is so incredibly hard. I am having trouble finding the joy in parenting. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and will always love them, but I don't like them. That's right. I said it. I don't like my kids.
[Tweet “I don't like my kids, but I love them. #parenting”]
There are a lot of reasons why I don't like my kids, but the love I have for them will always outweigh them. However, I have said it before and I will say it again, “My kids are assholes!”.
My son is a jerk. No, seriously, the kid is a jerk and I tell him when he's being one. I know, I know, a lot of people out there aren't going to appreciate me calling my autistic son a jerk, but I have to call it like I see it. How do I know my kid is a jerk? Let me count the ways…
- He's my kid. I gave birth to him. I live with him. I deal with his bullshit everyday.
- He's condescending.
- He's over-dramatic.
- He throws guilt trips around like confetti.
- He's egotistical.
- He has severe tunnel vision.
- He feels entitled.
- He doesn't eat what I cook.
- He doesn't appreciate things.
- He acts like he was raised by Mary Fuckin Poppins sometimes and makes people think that I am delusional.
- His RJF (Resting Jerk Face) is better than my own RBF (Resting Bitch Face).
Those are just a few of the basic reasons why I will tell my son:
With that being said, I love my son and have dedicated myself to getting him what he needs and making sure he is happy. Perhaps, I have dedicated too much of myself and I, in turn, have unleashed the power of the jerk!
My daughter is in her defiant stage and man, is it bad. I am really hoping that she gets it out now because if this is foreshadowing the teenage years…
One of us may not make it.
Here are some of the reasons that I don't like my daughter right now.
- She's super defiant.
- She's mean.
- She whines about EVERYTHING.
- She won't eat what I cook.
- She, like her brother, throws guilt trips around like confetti.
- She doesn't listen. AT ALL!
- She steals and hides all of the dogs toys.
- She breaks things, on purpose.
- She's like a miniature Verruca Salt and I just can't take it.
Yes, I know all 4 year old's are defiant and having a threenager is harder than the terrible twos, but when does it END!
With being said, I love my daughter. She is the most important girl to me in the whole entire world! I would do anything for her and perhaps, that is my downfall. I like to think I am big and bad, but I know I give into my kids more than I should.
You want to know why?
Because it is easier than dealing with the fallout!