In a society that wants to blame, shame and hate, we need to show more kindness. Kindness is powerful, kindness is contagious and kindness can save a life. Kindness is something that you can provide, free of charge. It's easy to do and easy to give, even if you haven't felt like you've had it given to you. Be the change that YOU want in the world, Treat others like YOU want to be treated and share the kindness that YOU would like to be given. Here are some free random acts of kindness that you can share with the world around you, everyday.
1. Smile. Smile at everyone. Smile at the worker in the drive thru, smile at the old woman given you the judgmental eye, smile at the person that you think is scary. A smile can change anyone's day.
2. Hold the door. Hold the door open for the person after you, even if they are further back. Hold the door open for the person having trouble with their cart, hold the door for the person that has their hands full and hold the door for the person that isn't expecting it.
3. Compliment. Compliment the barista's hairdo, compliment the store clerks manicure and compliment the good attitudes that you experience. Did you know that the quickest way to receive a smile is to give a compliment?
4. Let them pass. Let the person with 1 or 2 items cut ahead of you in line, let the person that has been waiting forever to cross the street cross in front of you and let the person and let the person in a hurry pass in front of you.
5. Offer. Offer to reach the item off of the higher shelf for that person that can't reach it, offer to take someone's cart back into the store for them and offer to help someone carry something or open a door. Sometimes, people won't ask for help, but you offering can make all of the difference.
[Tweet “Showing kindness is easier than you think! How will you show kindness? #RAOK”]