Every once in a while, we all need to get away, right? Even if it is only in our mind and only for a few moments!
Imagine ourselves on a quiet beach in the South of France, with a delicious summer cocktail and great book!
Well, who are we kidding? We all know that as parents in the summer, this is NOT going to happen.
Here is what can (and most likely will) happen though, a delicious cocktail in a hot backyard, with loud kids and an inflatable pool!
One thing remains the same, A DELICIOUS SUMMER COCKTAIL and don’t worry, I’ve got a great one for you to enjoy. Here is the recipe for my Summer RumBerry Punch:
Here is what you need to make it:
- 2 parts of your favorite strawberry lemonade. (I used Hubert’s Lemonade, but I have also used Simply Lemonade)
- 1 part of your favorite Rum. (For this one, I used Bacardi Silver Superior)
- 1/4 cup of frozen berries. (This one is strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and cherries)
- Your favorite glass, a straw (we like paper straws) and a fresh berry.
- Your favorite beach hat and sunglasses.
Here is how you make it:
- Put the berries in your glass.
- Add in one part chilled Rum.
- 2 parts Strawberry Lemonade
- Sip and enjoy!
Don’t forget your beach hat and sunglasses, if you truly want that whisked away feeling. I keep a beach hat and sunglasses on hand, just for imaginary scenarios, just like this one!
It’s great for blocking the sun, protecting your face and potentially blocking your wild kids from view, potentially aiding in that imaginary, quiet beach scenario, that we keep talking about and I keep dreaming about…
Back to reality.
Your kids will see this and most likely, will want one too! This delicious summer cocktail can EASILY become a delicious summer mocktail, by trading the rum for some coconut water!
Don’t forget to Pin This for later!
You can also check out my other cocktails and mocktails here!