Let me lay some truth on you. I am not now, nor have I ever been, a morning person. Especially a morning person that whips up Chocolate Banana Pancakes! With the assistance of coffee and my children, I am now obligated to be a functioning human being in the morning. Yay for me! Hahaha.
Seriously though, I have learned that a solid morning routine does help me function a little bit better than I would without it. A morning routine can consist of having a nutritious breakfast (easy recipes help), not hitting snooze on your alarm, exercising or even, giving yourself a little bit of extra time in the morning. Any of these can help you have a better morning and so can my Chocolate Banana Pancakes!
Here is what my morning routine consists of at this time:
- Get woken up by a loud preschooler or a whiny dog in my face.
- Roll over and hit brew on my Keurig. (Yes, I have a coffee maker on my bedside table.)
- Consistently tell the kids that it is way too early for them to be fighting, as I try to enjoy a few sips of my coffee.
- Let the dogs out.
- Start cooking breakfast.
- Let the dogs in.
- Finish cooking breakfast.
- Tell the kids to stop fighting and sit down.
- Feed my ravenous children a quick, easy, but delicious breakfast and consume as much coffee as possible while they eat. (This is where my Chocolate Banana Pancakes come in handy!)
Carnation Breakfast Essentials® is encouraging people to get into the routine of having a #BetterBreakfast each day with the 7 Day Breakfast Challenge. I thought it was a neat idea, so I decided to hop on board and grabbed a 30 count package of Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Chocolate Powder while I was at Sam’s Club.
I decided to incorporate the powder into a recipe that my kids already love and that recipe is pancakes! Now, my daughter does not like bread, so I have been making 2 ingredient, flour free banana pancakes for a while and I thought how perfect would Chocolate Banana Pancakes be?
And you know what? I was right! They are delicious and I want to share this simple recipe with you!
Here is all you need to make them:
- 3 packets of Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Chocolate Powder
- 3 whole bananas
- 5 large eggs
Yes, that is really all you need and preparing it is just as easy. Throw it all into a blender and combine!
Then, you cook them in a non-stick skillet on medium low heat, just like you would regular pancakes.
These pancakes are sweet enough where you can serve them without syrup or anything at all really, but I like to add a little powdered sugar and a dab of yogurt or whipped cream on top of ours.
3 Ingredient, Flour Free Chocolate Banana Pancakes!
- 3 packages Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Chocolate Powder
- 5 Large Eggs
- 3 Whole Bananas peeled
Blend all of the ingredients together.
Cook in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
Serve with a light dusting of powdered sugar and a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream.
Try Strawberry Flavored Pancakes over at my friend Tamara’s blog!