Tomorrow is my birthday.
Honestly, I am at the point where my birthday is just another day. I don’t want fancy presents. I don’t want a ton of attention. In fact, I would be super happy if I got Taco Bell and got to take a nap! My son is kind of upset with the fact that I don’t want to “do anything” for my birthday. He doesn’t understand that at a certain point, it’s just the passing of another year. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been battling severe writer’s block, so I haven’t posted much. However, I thought I would take advantage of my birthday and use it in a post. I am turning 34 tomorrow, so here are 34 things you may or may not know about me!
1. My favorite Starbursts are the yellow and orange ones, which works out for me because everyone leaves those behind!
2. I have broken the noses of a principal and a vice principal throughout my school career.
3. My favorite drink from Starbucks is an iced caramel macchiato, non fat, upside down, with an extra shot and sea salt sprinkles. Not complicated at all, right?
4. I didn’t see the ocean until I was 27 and have only seen it that one time.
5. I didn’t get my ears pierced until my 13th birthday. After that, I got my cartilage pierced at 16, my nose at 18, my lip, tongue, eye brow and nipples, yes I said nipples, at 20. Currently, I only have my eyebrow ring in. I let everything else close.
6. My sophomore year of high school, I shaved my head and crashed senior prom wearing the ugliest bridesmaid dress EVER.
7. I never went to my own prom.
8. I was never invited to a school dance.
9. I don’t like seafood. The only seafood I eat is battered and crispy Alaskan Cod from the Gorton’s Fisherman.
10. I have NEVER tried sushi and don’t think I will ever be able to. Something about eating raw fish creeps me out.
11. I sing Disney songs, a lot. I don’t think there is a Disney song that I don’t know.
12. Dumbo make me cry. The part where they play baby mine and the mom rocks Dumbo from inside her cell wagon! I can’t. I have to leave the room.
13. I also have to look away when Mufasa dies. It still hits me in feels.
14. I like the flavor of onion and cook with onions, but I do not eat onions. It’s a texture thing. Slimy onions, ugh.
15. I have been in the National Runaway Data Base twice. Once at 15 and once at 16. I was always trying to leave.
16. I’ve been arrested in Texas and Nebraska, even though I never lived in either place. (See above)
17. I was in a play in Junior High that required me to take over 100 cream pies to the face throughout the rehearsals and the shows. I loved it!
18. I stopped acting in my freshman year of high school because I was laughed off the stage during an audition. Apparently, the Tennessee Williams monologue I chose was not appropriate.
19. I started smoking at 11 years old. Yes, 11. I know, I know, it’s terrible.
20. Growing up, I spent weekends and summers, with my grandmother, at our family farm. I rode horses and ATVs. I also learned how to milk cows and make maple syrup. Those were the HAPPIEST times of my childhood.
21. I dream of having my own homestead, so I can get back to those happy memories.
22. I am not a fan of coconut. In fact, the only way I can eat coconut is toasted.
23. I always wanted to be a witch. Like Sandra Bullock in Practical Magic.
24. My favorite kind of donut is a Lemon Bismark covered in powdered sugar.
25. I only eat pancakes at home because I can’t use pancake syrup. It has to be real maple syrup.
26. When I can’t sleep or get nervous, I rub my feet together and if I can’t rub them together, I shake one.
27. I have never been good at hair and make-up.
28. I have never been to the West Coast.
29. I am terrified of going on a cruise because I always get visions of someone falling overboard into the ocean. Mostly my own kids.
30. When I started blogging, my blog was called “Echo Can Cook!”. Hahahahaha!
31. I can recite most of Romeo and Juliet from memory. No, I never acted in the play, but the first time I read it, I was 9.
32. If you ask me where I want to go eat, there is a good chance that I will say Taco Bell.
33. I have never been to a spa, gotten a massage or had any kind of spa treatments. People that I don’t know touching me seems weird.
34. I am like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get!
What do you do on your birthday?