If it were raining in Minnesota tonight, it would be purple.
2 years ago, Minnesota lost one of its greatest treasures and the world lost a true musical icon. I don’t think anyone could do the things that he could do. Prince was the master of music, sex and throwing shade!
Of course, he also did many great things for Minnesota communities and communities all over, because that is just the type of man that he was.
I know that Prince didn’t allow alcohol at Paisley Park, but I decided to make a cocktail/mocktail recipe to honor him! After all, it was Prince that said, “But life is just a party and parties weren’t meant 2 last!”.
This is The Purple One!
Here is what you need to make it:
- Pink Lemonade (1 part)
- Liquid Ice Energy Drink (1 part)
- Svedka Blue Raspberry Vodka (1 shot)
- Purple Gel Food Coloring
Here is how you make it:
- Mix together a tablespoon of sugar and 2 drops of the gel food coloring. Rim the glass with the colored sugar.
- Place ice in the glass with one shot of chilled vodka.
- Add one part pink lemonade and one part Liquid Ice energy drink.
You can easily make this a mocktail, by omitting the vodka. It still looks and tastes incredible!
This drink mixes itself while poured, so no reason to stir, simply put on your favorite Prince song and enjoy!
What is your favorite Prince song or memory?