There are times when I just need something Hispanic. I know I talk about my addiction to Taco Bell, a lot. We also know how much I love my crock pot. So, I combined my loves and created this Crock Pot Carne Asada Steak Dip! I know, I know…It’s not authentic Mexican food.
Nothing I make is “authentic”, but everything I make is delicious!
Crock Pot Carne Asada Steak Dip!
This Carne Asada Steak Dip looks good doesn’t it? It was good. In fact, it was muy buena! This recipe is so simple.
Crock Pot Carne Asada
- 1 – 1.5 pounds of steak. I used boneless eye of round
- 2 16oz cans of refried beans
- 1 14oz can of beef broth
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or 2 tbs of a homemade seasoning. (I like Alton’s)
- 1/4 cup of taco sauce any spice level you desire
- 2 tbs of corn starch
- 1 tbs of water
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced Roma tomatoes
- Thinly sliced bell peppers
- Shredded cheese I used cheddar and pepper jack, yum!
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Chips I love the Hint of Lime tortilla chips
- Flour tortillas This is an awesome burrito filling
- Corn Tortillas Make tacos, tostadas, anything is delicious
Plug in your crock pot and turn it to the desired temperature. (high 4-6 hours, low 8-10 hours)
Place steak in the bottom of the crockpot. (you can lessen the cooking time if you dice the meat)
Pour in the can of beef broth.
Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat and broth.
Put the lid on and walk away. Leave it be for a few hours.
An hour before serving, check the meat. You should be able to easily shred, slice or dice the meat. Do that.
Place the newly cut meat back into the crock pot.
Open the refried beans and add both cans.
Stir until combined.
Place the taco sauce and cornstarch in a bowl. Add water and mix throughly. This makes a slurry.
Dump it into the crock pot.
Put the temperature on low.
Put the lid on and walk away.
Come back in 30 minutes and stir.Put the lid on and set the table.Come back in 30 minutes, stir and serve!
Refrigerate the leftovers, they reheat amazingly!
I crave Mexican type food a lot.
What type of food do you crave the most?