I have booked my flight and I am leaving, on a jetplane, and heading to Cali-forn-I-A in June! I am spending a kid-free weekend on the beach! I’m so excited! How did I do it? Here are 5 ways that I made my travel cheaper!
1. Check flight and hotel prices frequently! You can use which ever travel site that you prefer, but I have found that if I check the prices often, I can catch some great deals!
2. Try to be flexible with your travel dates. I often check prices for two or three departure days and two or three return days. (Quick tip: It is often cheaper to leave for a weekend getaway on a Thursday than it is on a Friday.)
3. Check out hotels and rentals that have kitchenettes and/or full kitchens! Yes, eating out is fun, but eating out for EVERY meal can break the bank. Preparing a few meals yourself can save you a pretty penny!
4. Research your vacation location. There are often a lot of fun, local things that you can do for free or for very little money. Museums, parks, festivals, nature centers and lakes/beaches are great places to start!
5. The best way to save money is to check out coupon sites, such as Groupon and Living Social, for great deals in that location! I was able to secure a whale watching tour and a cheese/wine tasting at a winery for less than $25 per person!
*Bonus tip* I pack everything I need into one travel backpack, that way, I don’t have to pay for extra carry-ons or checked bags!
These are the 5 things that have made it possible for me to travel cheaper. That’s right! I was able to get my bank account to say, “YES!” by using these tips!