We went on our first official camping trip this weekend! We reserved 2 nights at a beautiful state park, we only stayed for one. It’s been a few years since I have been camping and I figured out some things about camping that I am going to share them with you.
1. Watching your husband/partner/significant other set up a campsite is kind of a turn on. All rugged and self-sufficient!
2. S’mores made over a campfire are still one of the best foods EVER!
3. One bug and you spend the rest of the trip itching and wondering if there are more bugs on you! Believe me, there are more on you…
4. TICKS! Checking for them, finding them, pulling them off, BURNING THEM WITH FIRE!
5. Sleeping on the ground isn’t for me. I need a bed. I’m too old for that shit.
These are the things that I learned about camping from camping.
In conclusion, I am no longer a fan of camping. I love hiking, I love the beauty of nature, but once it’s time to call it a night, I need a bed, pillows and a temperature controlled environment! (Room service could be nice too!)