I love getting awards from my blogging peers. I don’t think that there is any better compliment and I am honored that Emily, from Living Fit With Emily, chose me as one of her nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is usually presented to nominees that are positive and inspiring.
Nominees of the Sunshine Blogger Award are asked to write a post that includes:
- Answering questions the nominator included in their original post.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and make 11 questions for them to answer in their post.
Here are the questions that Emily asked me:
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
I am a serial relaxer. For me, there is nothing better than sitting under a shade tree in my backyard, watching the dogs and kids play.
Why did you decide to start blogging?
I actually started blogging about 6 years ago, but didn’t really get serious about it until 2013.
What has been your biggest blogging challenge you had to overcome?
I think, rebranding myself and my blog into its current state was the hardest. It was nerve-racking and scary. It also makes me anxious to relinquish control to another webmaster. Another big hurdle, is how much you have to ACTUALLY learn to run a blog!
If you could give one piece of advice to someone thinking about starting a blog what would it be?
Write what you feel. Being true to yourself and being honest are the things that readers really want to experience. They want real-life. They want to know that they aren’t alone.
What is your most memorable vacation?
I would have to say, the first time my husband took me to see the ocean. I was 27 and I, literally, teared up upon seeing it. Our first family vacation to Fort Myers Beach would be a close second.
What is your favorite book? (I’m stealing this question for Shashi because I love it!)
This is a hard one. I have read some amazing books in my life. I think, if I had to choose, it would have to be between A Wrinkle In Time and yes, I am so excited that they are turning it into a movie or The BFG, which they also turned into a fabulous movie!
What is one thing that keeps you going whenever you have a bad day?
Coffee, coffee, sheer-stubbornness and a lot more coffee.
Is your favorite season winter, spring, summer or autumn? why?
I live for spring and autumn. They are so transitional. Spring brings new life and in Autumn everything sheds off the refuse of the past year. I think it’s magical.
What is your favorite blog?
I think it is impossible to pick just one. There are so many different blogs that I read for so many different reasons. The one that I tend to read daily though, is Tamara Like Camera!
What was your first blog post and would you change anything about it now?
Oh dear. My first ever blog post was back when I called my blog “Echo Can Cook”, hahaha, and it was called Poor Man’s Lasagna. I still have it on my blog and it is still a popular recipe. I think, at some point, I need to re-shoot some photos for it, because my photography skills and equipment were a little lacking back then.
How do you keep yourself organized when it comes to your blogging tasks?
Hahahaha, I am probably the least organized blogger out of all of the bloggers that I know. My life and my blog thrive on chaos, so perhaps that’s why organization just doesn’t work for me.
Thank you Emily, for honoring me with the Sunshine Blogger Award and for your awesome questions!
Now, for my nominees:
Here are my 11 questions!
- What TV/Movie mom do you relate to the most and why?
- What are your favorite types of blog posts to read? Care to share a couple of favorites?
- If you had to pick your own theme song, for this point in your life, what would it be?
- Name one thing you had the opportunity to do, but didn’t. Do you wish you had?
- If you could take your family on one trip, anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do?
- Coffee, Tea, Pop or Water?
- They are making a movie about your life. What’s it called and who is starring in it?
- What is one talent that you wish you had?
- You have been given a chance to interview anyone, in the history of forever. Who would you interview and why?
- What inspires you to be your best you?
- Just for fun, what is your favorite joke, meme or funny story?