It is time for some more random thoughts on parenting, kid logic, mom problems and much, much more. All from the mind of the Mad Mommy!
1. I am disappointed in my FitBit. Apparently, I take more steps and burn more calories eating chips and dip than I do pushing a full grocery cart around Super Target. Seriously, why hasn’t someone come up with a step counter that you wear on your ankle?
2. Target should take a page out of Ikea’s customer appreciation book and add free childcare while you shop. They already have Starbucks, if they added childcare they would rule the world!
3. I was out with my mom and I said, “Man, I am so tired.” to which she said, “I wonder why…” with concern in her voice. I simply pointed at my children.
4. The other day, my kids ate rock hard cupcakes, but they won’t eat 90% of what I cook.
5. I have noticed that my favorite k-cup flavor is disappearing at a rapid rate. Pretty soon, I will only be able order it from Keurig.com, at a higher price and an extremely slow shipping time. Get ’em addicted and then make sure only you can provide it. Well played, Keurig, well played.
6. “I’m ok, mom. My head just had an encounter!” is what my son said after he hit is head on the washing machine. “It’s a good thing that goose egg didn’t give me a concussion!” he said a few hours later.
7. While running errands, I asked my 3 year old if she was going to behave. She said, “I will be good, mommy. I will be good for a My Little Pony blind bag!” and so, the manipulation begins!
8. “I am just going to start my own company and make everyone else do the work for me.” – My 9 year old’s business plan. He’s either the laziest dreamer ever or a logistical genius.
9. My 3 year old has recently discovered that her brother HATES it when she farts on him and how hilarious it is when she does it. This has made for fun interactions!
10. Someone asked me if getting my tattoos hurts. I responded with, “No, it’s more mildly irritating, much like my children.”