I have been asked some questions lately that have sparked various reactions from me.
Since there seems to be a plethora of them, I thought I would respond here, for all of you!
Here are the Questions and Answers: Mom Edition!
1. Why do you homeschool? It’s not like you’re religious.
So, I have to be religious to homeschool? The origin of homeschool was to keep children home, to help the family. It was also to instill the morals and values into your children that you wanted, not what they would pick up from outside sources. I don’t have to be religious in order to instill proper morals and educational values with my children. Families from ALL walks of life choose to homeschool for a multitude of reasons, not just religion.
2. You sent your homeschooled child back to public school?
Yes, my son is currently attending some public school. Why? It’s quite simple. To find out what works best for him! Homeschool came out of necessity for us because I am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that my son is happy, healthy and thriving. Whether he continues to homeschool or goes back to public school doesn’t matter!
3. You are only 32, how do you know you are done having kids?
How do I know? How do I know?!
Well, first off, my husband and I said, “We are done!”.
Secondly, my husband is:
4. If your husband got fixed, why are you still getting the shot?
First off, that is none of your damn business.
Secondly, If you had a choice between Aunt Flow visiting every month or never having to see her again, which would you choose?
5. How can you let your 8 year old watch World War 2 documentaries and talk about war, isn’t that a little violent?
Have you seen the cartoons, videos and games that most of these kids experience?
6. Why isn’t your son in this therapy or that therapy or on this medication or that medication? What do you mean you don’t have in house help?
As far as my son’s Autism is concerned, we are on a need to basis. I am not going to overwhelm him with medications or therapies, just because. He attends what we feel is beneficial to him and that’s it. As far as in home help? I am not going to sign up for a ton of services, just because I may qualify. I do just fine at home with my kids and we don’t need an extra person.
7. You let your kids eat (insert some processed food here)? Don’t you know about health risks X, Y and Z?
If you want to pay for all organic groceries, come over to my house and cook for my picky ass children, then you go right ahead. Until then, Mac N Cheese and Spaghettio’s for EVERYONE!
8. Are you really buying your kids that pop?!
Yes, yes I am. Is it your business? No, no it isn’t.
Does it matter that my kids enjoy a tasty carbonated beverage every once in a while as a treat?
9 times out of 10, my kids choose water or milk over anything else, so yes, if my kids want a sprite, root-beer or orange soda on occasion, so be it!
9. Your 8 year old still watches preschool aged cartoons? Aren’t you worried about how that will affect him?
10. Your kids see you and your husband hug, kiss and joke lovingly with each other, isn’t that a little inappropriate?
What is this?
I don’t even…
When did showing affection become inappropriate?
Oh, that’s right, we live in a society where kids watch their parents yell at one another, call each other names and even, abuse each other.
I’m sorry that my kids are the freaks that have never seen their parents fight or disrespect each other.
Oh wait, no I’m not.