Let it not be said that Moms who stay at home have it easy. From babies, running toddlers to household chores, these are more than enough to drive you crazy! How then can you have time for yourself?
While you take care of other people, don’t forget to take care of yourself too. Start with health and wellness. Here are some great home workout ideas for moms!
Baby Steps to Wellness
Let’s learn from our babies and kids. Starting small is the best that you can do. If you can spare 5 to 10 minutes of your time to ensure you’re getting that workout you need, then that’s progress. Here are a few more you can do while still being able to take care of the whole family.
- Dancing with the kids. Music always sets a positive atmosphere. If you’re worried you can’t take the time to workout because of your kids, involve them. It works and is even beneficial to your kids as well.
- On-demand Programs. If you don’t have a definite time to work out, there are on-demand home workout programs that you can attune to your schedule. As you get used to the pace and find some time to work out, you can add-on to your current program. This way, your progress is measured by your completion of every program. On the other hand, there are different types of exercises that are also offered on-demand. From mellow of Yoga to the intensity of High Intensity Interval Training, there’s a challenge for every mom who want to get serious about their physical fitness.
- Improvise your equipment. You’ll be surprised by how much a vacuum cleaner can do for your abs. Every time you reach down to catch the dust from under the furniture, you’re stretching your thigh muscles.
- Up and down the stairs. Climbing the stairs is an aerobic activity. Just go up and down faster so it can get your heart racing. Aside from cardio, it helps in strengthening leg muscles. However, if you’ve just got back to working out, start slow and pick up the pace as you get used to it. Do a variation from one step to more so you can stretch those leg muscles or alternate steps from slow to fast. You can also insert short intervals after going fast. What’s good about the stairs is that the simplicity of going up and down gives you the chance to exercise different parts of your body from abdomen to hamstrings.
- Lift your kids. Another improvisation, involving your kids in your lifting exercises works as a substitute for actual weights. In the news, a full time mom used her kids as weights as she performs a butt workout! But other than the butt, just lifting your kids repeatedly strengthens your arms and pectoral muscles. 6. Playtime with kids. Kids aren’t meant to be sedentary for long. In fact, it is in their best nature to be moving about all the time with an hour of rest, except when they are sleeping. As a mom, this is one less stress because you can take advantage of this. By simply having fun with your kids, playing tag and running around does wonders in and out.
Being a mom is one of the most enjoyable experiences that can happen to a woman. Although the responsibilities seem never-ending and that me-time seem far off, it takes a little bit of ingenuity, plus time management skills to inject exercises in between household chores and kids’ playtime. When this happens, gym memberships is a faraway thought and staying at home becomes an exercise for the mind and body.