I am not a fashion blogger, nor am I a fashionista by any means. I am just a fat chick that tries to find comfortable, well-made clothing that fits. When you are “large and in charge” or “pleasantly plump and vertically challenged”, finding clothes that fit can be a major pain in your overly huge or (in my case) extremely flat butt! Denim seems to be the worst. Plus size denim is either too long, too tight or doesn’t stretch enough, well, except for eShakti Plus Size Denim, that is. I got a pair a few weeks ago and I am going to give you the low down on these custom, flared jeans from eShakti.
Just so you know, I have reviewed an eShakti dress once before and their sizing is pretty spot on, but if you really want a good fit, enter your specific measurements into their website. We all have different body types. I happen to have a really long torso with short legs and a very flat butt. Any jeans I try to buy, traditionally, are always way too long on the inseam.
I bought my awesome shirt from HelloCurvy on Etsy!
- Sizing: You really can’t go wrong with custom-sizing, as long as you get your measurements right. They also run pretty true to their general sizing, as well.
- Quality: They are well-made and the seams are strong, which any big girl, with glorious mermaid thighs, knows is extremely important when buying plus size denim.
- Stretch-ability: They STRETCH and they BREATHE! Oh my god, it’s amazing. I usually feel confined inside of a pair of jeans, but these are super comfortable and great for mobility!
- Price: The price is pretty on par with your plus size stores, like Lane Bryant and Torrid. I am putting the price in the PROS because of the custom measurement factor! You can’t get that from those stores and you can’t get that for that good of a price.
- Pockets: They are real and they are deep! Enough said! Selling point, right there!
- Waistband: They roll a little on the top. It’s not terrible, but it is still there. I wish the waistband was a little more substantial, so it didn’t roll.
- Formation: While they are super cozy and stretchy, they don’t hide much. There is no flattening or tummy-tightening effect to these jeans.
All in all, I am a happy customer. These are, currently, my favorite pair of jeans and I will most likely be ordering another pair, so I have an extra! If you sign up for eShakti, and are a first time customer, you will get $25.00 off of your first order and free shipping! How cool is that?!