It’s Monday and that means it is time to get your kids in the kitchen!
This week, we’ve got our kids cooking dinner!
So, ring the dinner bell because it’s dinnertime!
Dinnertime can be a struggle.
I have not one, but two picky eaters.
We eat dinner together every night, but some nights are an epic battle between parental tolerance and stubborn child willpower!
Getting kids involved in cooking can, sometimes, open them up to trying new foods that they have prepared.
We made an “updated” version of an old, household favorite.
My kids love pigs in blankets and they also love corn dogs, so we combined the two.
Introducing, Pigs On Sticks!
Here is how to do it.
- Sticks (wooden skewers work well)
- “Pigs” of your choice (Feel free to substitute what ever kind of “dog” you would like)
- Crescent Rolls
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and then put some water in a dish that is long enough to hold the skewers.
Place the skewers in the water for a minute or two.
Next, put the pigs on the sticks!
Then, dress your pigs for dinner!
Place your pigs in the oven for 11 – 13 minutes.
While your pigs bake, make the rest of dinner.
Fruit on sticks make a great accompaniment to the Pigs on sticks!
Remove your pigs from the oven.
Serve them to your happy family with your favorite side dishes!
Pigs On Sticks are fun and fancy food!
We are also proud to announce a giveaway from the #KidsInTheKitchen bloggers and Curious Chef!
- Includes: tool caddy, non-stick rolling pin, medium and large silicone mixing spoons, stainless steel whisk, nylon cookie turner, nylon frosting spreader, pastry brush, poly spoon, vegetable peeler, serving tongs, ice cream scoop, pizza cutter, medium and large silicone mixing spatulas, 6 piece measuring spoon set, 6 piece measuring cup set and the small, medium and large nylon plastic knives
- All items are ergonomically designed with soft touch button grips and contoured handles
- Tool caddy fits 7 dedicated tools on one side with bulk storage on the other and has a convenient rotating design with a non-slip bottom
- Nylon plastic knives feature a serrated cutting edge with blunt tip that easily cuts food but not skin
- Pizza cutter features a unique guarded blade
- 6-piece measuring cup set includes: 1 cup, 3/4, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 and 1/8
- 6-piece measuring spoon set includes: 1 tbsp and 1/2; 1 tsp, 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8
- All silicone tools are heat safe to 450°
- All nylon tools are heat safe to 420°
- All tools are dishwasher safe and BPA free
A $79.95 value!
Win a 30 Piece Caddy Collection from Curious Chef!
This is part of the #KidsInTheKitchen series!
Please visit Katy from Chaos & Kiddos, Becka from Probably Crafting, Katie from View From The Fridge, Amber at From ABCs to ACTs and Julia from The Everyday Momma and see what they’ve whipped up for Dinnertime!
Also, check out Curious Chef for tons of high quality, kid safe cooking tools! You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter! Here’s what we have done so far: Introduction What’s For Breakfast? Let’s Do Lunch!
Do you have a great #KidsInTheKitchen post, kid friendly recipe or kid friendly cooking tips? Please link them up!