There is nothing like a dump it and leave it recipe. A recipe that starts off super simple and ends up extremely delicious! That is exactly what you get with my Crock Pot Corn Chowder. (This post may contain affiliate links, which help me support my blog.)
This corn chowder recipe is simple and delicious. It doesn’t have any complications. You can put it in the crock pot in the morning and have hot chowder for dinner!
Here is what you need and what you do with it:
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 1 Kielbasa (diced, reserve 1/3)
- 5 baby red potatoes (diced, skin on)
- 2 cans of chicken broth or 3 cups of chicken stock (You can also use vegetable stock)
- a slurry made of 2 tbs of cornstarch and 1/4 cup of skim milk. (You can also use coconut milk or water)
- Salt and pepper
- Diced green onions, shredded cheese, finely diced bell pepper (Completely optional toppings)
- Your crock pot (This is mine and I love it!)
Put all of the ingredients, except the reserved kielbasa, slurry and toppings, into the crock pot. Mix together and then, put the lid on it. Set the temp for the amount of time you would like. (4-6 hours on low and 8-10 hours on high) About an hour before serving, make and mix in your slurry. Right before you eat, crisp up your reserved kielbasa for an added level of deliciousness.