It is already Friday and there are only 6 days until Christmas! There are also only 13 days until 2015! That’s right, let that soak in for a while. It’s time for Ask Away Friday!
Ask Away Friday is a blogger to blogger activity. Bloggers pair up, ask the other one questions and then answer that bloggers questions on their own blog! It is a fabulous way for bloggers from every niche to get to know each other!
This week, I am swapping with Liv from Liv By Surprise and we are talking about the past and the future! Liv is a fabulous blogger that blogs about parenting, co-parenting in a blended family and dealing with the trappings of divorce! (Thanks to the Goblin King!)
Liv asked and I answered!
1) I’m pretty sure we were supposed to have flying cars by this year. What have you been doing with yours? Didn’t get one? Where would you go if you had one?
No, I didn’t get one. I never got my hoverboard either. In fact:
2) Biff owns a casino in the movie. I know you did Vegas this year. If you could bend the rules with a little help from the future, would you?
That is such a touchy question. On the one hand, you could completely have the upper hand with one little bit of information. On the other hand, that goes terribly wrong in every single future movie EVER written. It would be very tempting though!
3) Back to the future had flying skateboards. Would you ever try something like that? Why or why not?
Hell yes! I am still waiting for mine!
4) The Delorian had to reach 88 mph to go anywhere. What level on the Parental Advisory System are you at today? What’s the fastest you ever got to red?
You know. There are things that I would have liked to have not dealt with in my life. Things that I wish no one would ever have to deal with, but they made me who I am and who I am has gotten me to where I am today. I am pretty freaking happy with where I am, so, no. I wouldn’t change anything.
6) There are a number of Back To the Future poem websites. I know you enjoy poetry too (I’ve read your wonderful “Poem to my Children” and relatable “Not a Supermom”). Can you write a Back to the Future themed poem or haiku?
2015 is a few days away.
I got here on my own, not Marty McFly’s way.
There are no hoverboards and no Jaws 19,
But they made Sharknado and it caused a scene.
I don’t want to go to the future or back to the past.
I am happy in the present and hope it will last.
7) If you could have a sneak peak at the future, would you? Why or why not?
Nope. Nope. Nope. Too dangerous!
8) If there was one day this year that you could do over, which one would it be?
Going to the wave pool in Wisconsin Dells. Why? Because it was AWESOME!
9) Marty McFly invented the Twist. If you could “go back” and invent a dance move, which one would it be?
The cabbage patch! Oh yeah!
10) One of my favorite of your posts is about your threenager. I’ve been through it twice in the past (and yes, girls are worse),
and I’m looking at doing it again in just over a year (yep, it’s in my future)…any hints? – it’s been a while for me.
I have no hints because I am in the thick of it right now. Seriously, girls are worse. The only advice I have is when the threenager comes out…
Thank you so much for swapping with me, Liv! I loved answering your questions and I hope that you loved answering mine! Visit Liv’s blog to see what questions I asked her!
Please make sure you visit the #AskAwayFriday hosts, grab a button and join in on the fun!