It’s Friday and that means the weekend is almost upon us!
As of about 5pm tonight, my weekend will officially start!
Hooray for #AskAwayFriday, the most amazing link up ever!
#AskAwayFriday was created by the amazing Penny from Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fit Mom, as a way to connect with other bloggers with a great Q & A session of 10 questions and 10 answers, between two bloggers! This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know others while allowing others to get to know you and of course there is also the added bonus of making great friends along the way which is one of the best parts of this online world!
Now welcoming our wonderful #AskAwayFriday hosts…
Tiffany from Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter,
Christy from Uplifting Families,
Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings
Echo from The Mad Mommy
So…grab our button, meet our amazing hosts, and hop through the great link ups to make some amazing new friends!
This week, I am swapping with an amazing blogger, an awesome friend and my Facebook soulmate! That’s right! Tia from BecominNeurotic and I are breaking it down and talking about Mental Health.
Here we go!
Tia asked and I answered!
1. You’re The Mad Mommy, trying to save your sanity. What things do you do to hold on to that last shred?
Let’s see. It’s really hard because I truly don’t have much time to myself. However, blogging is a big part of my “me-time”. I use it to vent. I use it to say what I want to say. I even use it to call my kids out on their behavior! I also drink coffee. A LOT of coffee!
2. Facebook recently told you that we’re soulmates, and I’m totally cool with that! I have battled with mental illness since I was a teen. Do you also battle with mental illness?
I thought it was pretty cool that it matched us up! As for the mental illness, I have suffered with one form of mental illness or another my whole life. Whether diagnosed or not, they have always been there. Depression being the major factor. When I was younger they said I had Depression triggered by PTSD, after I had my first son they said I have Postpartum Depression and my most recent diagnosis is Situational Depression and Anxiety which is brought on by certain situations and usually involves my kids. I seriously think I got diagnosed with Motherhood, hahaha!
3. You recently rescued another puppy. In fact, we’re both mamas to rescued doggies. I always say my Toddy saved me as much as we saved him. Do you find your doggies help you on your rough mental health days?
The dogs definitely help! They are always full of so much unconditional love. They are ALWAYS excited to see you and they don’t get attitude or talk back!
4. You’ve also recently started yoga. Are you finding mental benefits, as well as physical? It really does make you feel good. It also helps that my sweet husband does it with me! I kind of fell off the daily wagon because I was sick for a couple of days, so I need to get back into it.
5. You opened up about a very personal part of your past recently. How are you doing now? Have you found that sharing your story helped? You know, I don’t know if it helped or not. I had, for the most part, put things behind me. However, with all of the recent headlines, I felt compelled to share my story. I’m not sure why, I just did. I did receive a few Thank yous from people and I think that makes it worth it.
6. If you had a full 3 day weekend to yourself to recharge, a sanity saving resort so to speak, what things would you like to do? Is there a special place you’d like to go? I would want to go to a tropical island! I would sit on the beach and read, push my toes into the white sand, start at the clear blue waters, oh and go horseback riding on the beach! I have always wanted to do that!
7. You and I both have dreams of our own patch of paradise in the middle of nowhere. If it could be perfectly designed, how would it be? Climate, landscape, how big would your house be? Tell us everything! Perfect design? 15 acres of lush green landscape. Rolling hills and maybe a small lake or creek. A beautiful raised-bed garden with a small green house, a small stable to keep the horses and my miniature donkey! A beautiful chicken coop attached to an area for the miniature goats. The weather would never get below 50, never go above 80 and there would be no snow! A one level, ranch style house with 3 bedrooms, an office/school room and an AMAZING farmhouse style kitchen! Ahhhh, a girl can dream, right?!
8. Sometimes when my mind is swirling and I am overwhelmed, I turn the music up loud and sing/scream along until I can feel it all drain away. What music helps you? Do you have some songs I should add to my playlist? When I was younger, I used to turn to music A LOT! Nowadays, I don’t listen to music as often. Most of the time, it is only when I am in the car. However, when I am angry, my go to song is still Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit!
9. In a world where there is still so much stigma attached to mental illness, how do talk to your kiddos about mental well-being? My 3 year old is a little young for those conversations, but I do talk to her about her feelings. I want to make sure that she is in touch with them and can express them to people. My 9 year old has autism and that can make talks about feelings and mental illness a more difficult. I just try to make sure that they are both happy, healthy and thriving.
10. They say money can’t buy happiness, but I’m fairly certain it could help ease some struggles, and that would make me happy. What would you do if you won five million dollars tax free, no strings attached? I would pay off all of our debt, purchase my dream property(see #7), set up trusts for my kids and I might have to do this…
Thank you so much for swapping with me, Tia! Please swing by BecominNeurotic to see Tia’s answers to my questions!
If you are interested in joining in on the amazing fun, check out our #AskAwayFriday Facebook group for a great place to meet up and send out a #BuddyRequest if you need a partner to swap with! We would love to have you as a part of the amazing #AskAwayFriday family!
By adding your email to this link up, you will be added to email correspondence that may be sent by one of our hosts, you may opt out at any time. Host’s reserve the right to remove any links that do not pertain to the #AskAwayFriday theme.