It is Friday once again, my friends and that means it is time for Ask Away Friday!
Ask Away Friday is a blogger to blogger activity. Bloggers pair up, ask the other one questions and then answer that bloggers questions on their own blog! It is a fabulous way for bloggers from every niche to get to know each other!
Jan asked and I answered!
Second, I get asked this question a lot and it is always hard. I usually say that it is my Random Thought posts because of how raw they are. However, I think my Threenager post is my current favorite!
2) When each of my girls were babies I often got mums coming up to look – whatever their age they all vividly remembered when their children were born and had a story to tell. What do you most remember about when your children were born?
Oh, wow. This is a great question!
With my son, I went through a very long, un-medicated labor and ended up having a c-section and I remember, when I finally got to hold him, how I thought it was all worth it!
With my daughter, I went into unexpected labor the morning of my scheduled c-section, but this one, I was awake for and I remember seeing my husband holding her. All I could think was how amazing that moment was.
3) You have several posts about your son’s autism, what advice would you give to any new parents just starting out with an autistic child?
Don’t believe everything you hear, read or see. Every single case is different and you have to do what works for your child and your family!
4) Your daughter is a beautiful little diva (I have three divas so sympathise), what diva demands do you get and how do you deal with them?
5) Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out – what do you now say to your children that your mother used to say to you? (and vowed you’d never repeat! )
6) You approach motherhood with humour (it’s the only way), what is the funniest thing your children have done?
7) Like you, I find myself watching to the end of the girls’ films, after they’ve gone to bed. What is your favourite Disney / Pixar film?
My favorite Disney movie? It’s a toss-up between The Little Mermaid and The Lion King! Pumbaa and Ursula may be the best characters ever!
My favorite Pixar movie? It’s definitely Wall-E. I love how moving it is with so little words!
8) My girls have banned me from singing in public (to be fair they have a point) but I love singing along to Disney songs and know all the words. Which is your favourite and are you allowed to sing in public?
9) I blame most of my mummy madness on sleep deprivation, how many hours sleep do you manage to operate on? How does this compare to those long forgotten pre children days?
I am a total pro at running on little to no sleep. I developed insomnia when I was pregnant with my son and surprise, surprise, he has it too. There are days where I run on only a couple of hours. I miss pre-kid sleep. Man, I could just lay down and sleep wherever and whenever I wanted to. Like a toddler! I am a total Mombie now.
10) And finally, you’re already a supermum so for the weekend, I’m going to award you either: a supermum special power, a magical cleaning fairy or a full luxurious night’s sleep – which would you like?
The cleaning fairy for sure! Send her right on over!
Thank you so much for swapping with me, Jan! I had so much fun answering your questions!
Please, stop by Sylva Fae and see how she answered my questions for her!
Please make sure you visit the #AskAwayFriday hosts, grab a button and join in on the fun!