Wax Paper Painting!

Wax paper…

We all have roll of it in our cupboard/drawer.
We only use it for a couple of things.
This week, #ThinkOutsideTheToyBox with us and find new uses for that wax paper.
We had a blast Wax Paper Painting!
Wax Paper Painting is a fantastic indoor activity. I promotes fine motor skills and can also be used as a learning experience. You can easily use Wax Paper Painting to teach colors, shapes, letters, handwriting and more!
We used:
  • Puffy Paint
  • Wax Paper
  • Glitter Glue
  • Free Printables
  • Scotch Tape (not pictured)
To start, we taped down the piece of wax paper over what the kids wanted to trace.
Then we went to work.
The kids and the hubby traced, while I had some fun free-handing.
One of the coolest things about Wax Paper Painting is that you can peel it off of the wax paper and it will stick to glass surfaces! Just make sure that it is completely dry. Give it at least 24 hours before attempting to peel it off.
As you can see, we had a bit of fun with the clings!
So next time you are trying to figure out how to entertain your kids, #ThinkOutsideTheToyBox and try:
This is part of the Think Outside The Toy Box series!
Summer series blog hop and link up
What’s been covered:

Please, check out t
he other great ideas on how to use wax paper or you have a great wax paper idea, activity or post, LINK IT UP!
We would love for you to join us!

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Like this? Please share it!Share on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

Comments

1. says

I am not sure how you do it, but each week I love your ideas more then the last. Thank you so much for sharing and hoping to try this fun activity with my own girls soon :)

2. says

Oh this is so cool! I love the idea of making them into window clings :) It would be so easy to make window decorations for any holiday with this!

3. says

I had NO idea you could make your own window clings using wax paper. COOL!! My kids are at camp until this weekend, but when they get back we are DOING THIS! SO much fun and so cool!!! –Lisa

4. says

I could not find a search, I was going to see if you homeschool, with all your cute ideas you surely could. Thanks for sharing this week at Mondays Reflections!!!

5. says

SO SMART AND CLEVER!!!! I love that it sticks to glass, oh I am going to do this and NOT tell my husband and let him think I'm a complete idiot that would paint on glass! OMG LOL PERFECT!

6. says

Great idea! We have wax paper that we bought for…something? I don't remember what and I haven't used it since. haha At least we don't have to just throw it away :)

7. says

I will have to try this with my girls! I am featuring this post tomorrow on Creative K Kids' Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. Thanks for linking up last week!

8. says

This is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while! I pinned, shared and featured you on my fb page. Thanks for linking up at Wonderful Wed Blog Hop. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow