It is time, once again, for #AskAwayFriday! Where bloggers from all niches, exchange questions and then answer said questions on their blogs! This is a great way to get to know bloggers!
I still have a few shreds of sanity left, so I’m not all the way gone, yet!
2. Your son has Asperger’s. So do I, and I’m a passionate autistic
advocate. What’s something positive about your son’s Asperger’s?
My son’s Asperger’s is part of him. Part of his personality and what a wonderfully, complex personality it is!
3. Just so I’m not discriminating, what’s one positive trait about your
daughter that others don’t often see?
My daughter is so nurturing and caring. She is always concerned about how others are feeling. She also has one of the biggest imaginations that I have ever encountered!
4. You say you watch Pixar movies even if your kids are in bed. Which is
I don’t think it is possible to pick one. Right now, I enjoy Wall-E, Toy Story, Monster’s University, Brave and Frozen!
5. What’s your favorite Disney song?
I can sing along with almost every Disney song. I have a lot of favorites, but I find myself humming or singing this one a lot!
6. What is the greatest challenge and the biggest reward about homeschooling?
The biggest challenge? Not ringing his neck when we butt heads, LOL.
The biggest reward? Watching him progress and absorb information.
7. How do you maintain your sense of humor in spite of depression?
Laughter and making people laugh are a huge coping skill for me. I think I would be a lot worse off if I didn’t have my humor.
8. Have you encountered any ignorance or stigma since you went on an
You know, I pretty much laid it out on the table and so far, everyone has been really supportive. Of course, I have had people give me tips or natural remedies, but that doesn’t bother me.
9. What is one thing you’ve never been able to cook but would love to?
Oven Fries. Damn Oven Fried Potatoes. They never work for me!
They look delicious right?!
Mine never look like that.
Mine stick to the bottom of the pan, don’t cook all the way through, burn and never get crispy.
Damn Oven Fried Potatoes.
10. Last week, Rabia asked you about your name and you said you like Echo
(at least, you like it better than the other names you might’ve been
given). Have you ever been teased because of having such an uncommon name?
I got teased all the time when I was younger. Not only did I have a unique name, I was also over weight and well, kind of a freak. Hahaha, I have always been a huge nerd. Never helped my case growing up!
It wasn’t until I hit High School that I really started to appreciate my name. Realizing that I was the only Echo in a sea of Jennifers, Nicoles and Sarahs.
Thank you Astrid, for your fantastic questions! I had a lot of fun answering them! Please go see how Astrid answered my questions!
Wanna swap questions? Let me know!