I got put on Prozac about a month and a half ago.
Want to know why?
My children have driven me to medicated insanity.
Here are 5 reasons that I am on Prozac:
1. My son informs me that he has been awake since 4 am discussing World Wars and World Domination with Darth Bear. (For the record: Darth Bear is a camouflage build-a-bear in a Darth Vader suit.)
2. I can count the nights of solid sleep that I have had in the past 9 years on one hand.
3. Have you ever heard the most annoying song in the world, stuck on repeat… For days? No? Try living with an Aspie.
4. My daughter has decided that her diet consists of chips, cheez-its, cheese balls, pickles and fruit. If these are not served, she does not want to eat. She also decided that she should hit me if they are not present in the house.
5. My son wants to go camping. He is currently, deathly afraid of weeds, tall grass, leaves, mud and ticks. He doesn’t understand why camping won’t work.
There are a lot of reasons that I am on Prozac. These are just the 5 on my mind at this moment.
I should talk to my doctor and see if I can get switched to this:
Then I can be like:
I joke to cope, but depression and anxiety are serious afflictions. If you are feeling more depressed or anxious than normal, talk to someone about it.
Have you experienced Parental Depression?
How do you cope?