Weren’t the Oscars like 2 weeks ago?
They were but it is still awards season and apparently, that applies to bloggers too!
I’m not a Hollywood actress and I’m not good at giving speeches, so I’ll skip that!
Don’t expect me to get all gussied up either.
Pajama pants and thermal shirts are my attire, almost always.
I do, however, want to thank Mamapotamus for nominating me for this wonderful award. This award is one of the best because it is given by your peers.
My peeps, hahaha!
Ok, ok, I’ll get on with it.
You got your popcorn ready?
11 Completely Random Facts About Me:
1. I spend more time watching kid’s movies (Disney/Pixar, mainly) than I do watching regular TV. There are not many shows that I keep up with. I don’t know the characters, the plot or what to talk about at the “water-cooler”. I can, however, recite lines verbatim and break out into song at a moments notice!
Do you wanna build a snowman?!
2. I will sit and watch the Pioneer Woman cook delicious food and then order pizza. Yup, I get inspired but, then I get tired. I also get jealous and jealousy makes me lazy. It’s a vicious cycle.
3. I own 3 pairs of shoes. Yes, I said 3! I have a pair of DCs, a pair of knock of Ugg type boots and my “funeral shoes”. My “funeral shoes” are wedges and actually, they were my wedding shoes too. Ha.
4. When I was in kindergarten, we lived in Denver, Co for a year. I attended a school called Skenk Elementary. I shit you not! That is also where I starred in my first stage production, “The History of the Skenkasaurus”. *So it was probably spelled differently but it was pronounced the same! I remember!
5. The only hair styling products that I own, of any kind, are a brush and some black Goody hair bands. No blow dryer, no curling iron, no hairspray…. Nada!
6. My brother is 7 years older than me and I am 8 years older than my little sister. There are only the three of us.
7. This goes with 6: We all had babies within 9 weeks of each other. Ok, so my brother didn’t have the baby but, his girlfriend did.
8. I met my husband in Jr. High. We were good friends. I hooked him up with most of his Jr. High girlfriends.
9. I am a closet homesteader! I want to move my family off the grid. I want to can and preserve. I want my kids to go run outside instead of logging on! I want horses, ATVs, chickens, a garden and a miniature donkey named Assius Minimus.
10. I cook. Some say I cook well! I bake. I can bake cookies and brownies. I cannot bake bread or cake from scratch. Yeast is not my friend, nor is sifting. I don’t get it.
11. I am an insomniac. My children are insomniacs. We never get any sleep.
Questions from Mamapotamus:
Nominees who accept are to write a blog post which includes the following:
*Thank the person who has nominated you and link back to their blog (by posting a link on yours).
*Copy and display the award on your blog (save the pink image above and upload it to your own post).
*Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
*Write 11 random facts about yourself.
*Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve the award. They need to have less than 1000 followers.
*Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated and write them in your post.
*Inform the selected bloggers that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and link back to your own post so that they can learn about it (if they don’t already about it) and so that they know what questions to answer.
1. Blogging: job or hobby?
2. How many kids do you have? Are you done?
3. What is your favorite thing about you?
4. What does your dream vacation entail?
5. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be? (real or myth)
6. You have to choose between Arizona at the end of August or Minnesota at the end of January, what do you choose?
7. Mouse trap or Guess who?
8. If you had invented one thing that the world uses, which invention would you choose?
9. I like making people choose things. Books: The Boxcar Children or Choose your own adventure series?
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
11. Tell us anything you want! What do you want us to know?
So, there you have it!
Thank you again, Mamapotamus for the nomination! I do really appreciate it! Especially from a humorous lady blogger of your caliber!
Have fun and enjoy nominees! I can’t wait to see what you write!