As a parent, we spend our days doing everything for our children.
We forget about ourselves and our own needs.
Certain signs begin to show.
Signs that you need a vacation.
A kid-free vacation!
Here are 10 signs that you need a kid-free vacation:
(Color coded for a more accurate understanding)
1. You begin to day dream about time without your kids.
Hours, days, weeks…. It keeps getting longer and longer.
2. Your children gradually spend more and more time in timeouts.
This is sign that your irritability level is high and your patience level is low.
3. Bedtime starts to get moved to earlier times.
The time that you can handle your children’s behavior becomes less and less.
4. You start talking about life without children and how awesome it will be to get old.
The parental conundrum. You know you can’t go back so, you dream about moving forward.
5. Your mom voice starts to sound more like the mom from Malcolm in the Middle.
Less sweet talk. More stern, slightly angry, snippy tone ensues.
6. You begin to plan out vacations on the computer whenever your children start misbehaving.
Simple cause and effect. At this point, you know you need to get away!
7. Coffee, Wine, Vodka and/or Nyquil start to dissipate faster in your house.
You have started using these as coping mechanisms daily. Nyquil Margarita anyone?
8. You start thinking about boarding schools and how working 3 jobs to afford it would be worth it.
Your parental mind is fried. You are in need of a reboot.
9. You start wondering how much you could get for your children on e-bay. Should you sell them as a package deal or separately?
You are now a ticking time bomb that could go off at any moment.
10. You yell everyday and talk to your kids like you are Joan Rivers on Fashion Police.
Negativity runs rampant and censorship has no place here as far as you are concerned!
Hopefully, you can treat yourself to some time away before you hit level Orange!
I, unfortunately, made it all the way to Def-Con Mommy before I took action.
Don’t be like me.
Don’t talk to your kids like you are Joan Rivers.
Don’t think about listing your kids on e-bay!
Take a kid-free vacation!
Luckily, I got away before I did anything that I regretted too much!
Come back tomorrow to hear about my fabulous, kid-free Las Vegas vacation!
What level have you hit on the Parental Advisory System?
When is the last time you took a kid-free vacation?