Have you noticed that there is almost no photos of me on this blog?
There are pictures of my husband and pictures of my kids.
There are even pictures of other people when they allow it.
It is very rare that I or someone else takes a picture of me that passes all of my criteria.
Yes, there is criteria and it is very strict.
I delete all pictures that do not meet these standards.
My husband has taken to hiding the camera from me after photos have been taken.
Selfiephobia is very serious.
It is very hard to “put yourself out there” when you can stand pictures of yourself.
Criteria for photos of Echo:
- Must be taken from a “flattering” angle! (Shots from above are usually best.)
- Must not show ANY of my extra chins.
- Must not show facial hair, nose hair or bad teeth.
- Must be approved by Echo before being kept.
- Must be APPROVED by Echo before being posted anywhere.
- Echo must be given a proper warning that a photo is being taken. (No surprises!)
- Do not take a photo after Echo says “No!”
I am very confident in myself, as a person.
I am a good wife.
I am a good mother.
I am a good daughter.
I am “generally” speaking, a good person.
I am proud of where I am in life and who I have become.
With that being said, I have horrible self esteem.
I do not like the way I look in photos.
Therefore I do not like how I look in general.
There are a couple of things that I do like about myself.
I like my eyes.
I like my nose.
I like my tattoos.
See, it’s not all bad.
I feel beautiful at times.
My husband makes sure that I do.
It’s just not something that comes naturally to me.
As part of one of my personal goals: “More me time!”
I want to work on being more comfortable with myself image.
I want to work through my Selfiephobia and possibly, even enjoy being part of photos.
What would be your advice to help me with my Selfiephobia?