I am really into quick and easy recipes. It makes being a parent easier, it makes my night easier and it makes me feel better! Here is a simple and quick chili recipe that doesn’t taste simple or quick!
Here is what you need:
Don’t get overwhelmed by the amount of spices, it goes quick because you just toss them all into this one pot wonder!
Alright, here we go.
Dice up your peppers and green onions and put them in a big pot with your ground beef and brown it on medium heat! (I had these cute mini bell peppers but regular bell peppers work just as well!)
- 1 pound of ground beef (chicken, turkey and pork are also good)
- 1 24 oz jar of traditional pasta sauce (use whatever flavor suits you)
- 12 oz of water (I use the jar and then shake the water inside so I get all the sauce out!)
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained (dark or light)
- 1 can of chili beans, liquid and all
- 2 green onions (use the whites)
- ¼ cup diced yellow bell pepper (any color of bell pepper is fine)
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper (you can also add jalapenos or Serrano's for added heat)
- 2 and ½ Tbs of chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Fresh, chopped Roma tomatoes
- Greens from the green onions
- Shredded cheese
- Crushed Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Take your peppers and green onions and put them in a big pot with your ground beef and brown it on medium heat.
- Once your meat has browned, add in your beans (drain the kidney beans), jar of sauce and half a jar of water. Then add your spices. Stir together.
- You should be at about the 10-12 minute mark. Bring this to a low boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for the rest of the time. About 15 minutes.