Like an enchilada, but slightly different. The difference? I use flour tortillas instead of corn. I prefer the texture of flour tortillas. I also prefer my corn tortillas baked or fried! YUM! It’s a super easy enchilada recipe that everyone will love! It’s great for freezing as well!
Ok, back to dinner….
This is a quick and easy dinner. It is also a huge crowd favorite! Delicious, warm, gooey, with just the right amount of spice! I like to serve mine with shredded romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, lime wedges and chopped green onions.
Here is how you can make this quick and easy enchilada recipe:
A pound of ground beef or your favorite ground meat (You can also just use black beans or tofu), 2 cups of your favorite red enchilada sauce, 16 oz or about a cup and a half of refried beans, 2 tablespoons of your homemade taco seasoning or one package of a store bought taco seasoning and about a cup and a half of your favorite shredded cheese.
Start with the filling.
You’ll want to season your meat with some salt and pepper and then, brown it. Once it is browned (drain excess fat, if need be) add in your taco seasoning, refried beans, 1/4 cup of your enchilada sauce and about 1/4 cup of your shredded cheese.
Now, you can assemble your enchiritos!
Pour about 1/4 cup of your enchilada sauce into the bottom of your baking dish and make sure it covers the bottom. Place about 1/3 cup of your beef and been mixture into the center of a flour tortilla, then roll closed, leaving the ends open. Place into your baking dish. Repeat 5 more times. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over your enchiritos. Make sure it is pretty evenly distributed and your enchiritos are all covered.
Sprinkle the rest of your cheese over them, add some of your chopped green onions and bake for 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
These Enchiritos are a meal in themselves, but you could also serve them with some tortilla chips or Spanish rice, if you wanted to stretch the meal for more people!
My favorite way to eat them is with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, a little feta cheese, some green onion and a squeeze of lime juice!
- 6 8" Flour Tortillas (Soft taco sized)
- 1 pound of Lean Ground Beef (I have used ground pork, chicken and turkey! They are all delicious)
- 16oz of refried beans
- 2 cups of your favorite red enchilada sauce
- 1 pkg of Taco Seasoning or 2 Tbs of Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 and ½ cups of Shredded Cheese
- 2 Tbs of Chopped Green Onions or Cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your 9x13 baking dish. (I use cooking spray)
- Brown your meat and drain it, if there is too much excess fat.
- Add in your can of refried beans, taco seasoning, ¼ of your enchilada sauce and ½ cup of your cheese. Mix until combined and smooth, if you feel it is too thick or gummy, add a tiny bit of water. Remove from heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup of your enchilada sauce into the bottom of your baking dish and make sure it covers the bottom.
- Place about ⅓ cup of your beef and been mixture into the center of a flour tortilla, then roll closed, leaving the ends open. Place into your baking dish.
- Repeat 5 more times.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over your enchiritos. Make sure it is pretty evenly distributed and your enchiritos are all covered.
- Sprinkle the remainder of your cheese all over the top evenly. Then sprinkle on your green onions or cilantro.
- Bake for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Let sit for about 2 minutes and then serve.